My Blog List

Friday 22 July 2016

Moto Guzzi Cafe Racer by Motonero

It's not quite finished yet but I've had it running for the first time in approx 3 - 4 years today and it sounds quite sweet.
    It is a 95' 1100 Sport Engine with Carrillo Con Rods in a Dynamically balanced engine, Keihin FCR 41 carbs on straight billet inlet manifolds and a Elektronik Sachse crank mounted ignition.
   Should be interesting out on the road without all the usual extra weight.
    More pics to come when it's fully finished, mot'd and the docs are back from the DVLA informing them of the engine change. The latter exercise is always a little farcical these days.


4 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    I've seen Bronze on a few occasions at the Bristol Italian Day. In my opinion the best bike at the show.
    Can I visit your workshop and do you have any bikes for sale?
    Paul, Windmill Hill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul, I thought that I'd replied to your message back in August and having just come across this I'm wondering where my reply is?
    If it is still of interest then you are welcome to call at the workshop anytime that I am there. I'm not always there so here is my number - 07780127106

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John, I really like the line of your seat. I have been hunting around quite a while for a more gracious solution compared to the ton of Imola tails. Did you make them from scratch or is there an over the shelf base part? Thanks a bunch, Pete

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Pete, I bought a Guzzi fibreglass tank and seat unit from a chap in southern Ireland many years ago and also this particular seat unit (I think that he'd had them made / or made them) It actually wasn't quite wide enough for my liking so I had to cut it in half and re-fibreglass etc

      Delete