My Blog List

Thursday 24 October 2013

Moto Guzzi V7 Sport project and other stuff

When I took Pete's S3 back to him today I was able to catch up with what else he has been up to.
Originally he was going to build a V7 Sport replica and then 18 months or so ago he acquired a genuine V7 Sport frame,engine,gearbox and swing arm and then a mild obsession started.
   He's managed to purchase a pair of drum brake wheels,drivebox amongst other parts from the USA and Italy (the postage and customs fees from America were fairly crippling)  HE IS ON THE LOOKOUT FOR SOME DRUM BRAKE FORKS OR AT THE VERY LEAST THE BOTTOM SLIDERS.
As you will see from the pics below Pete has some clever solutions and a few good contacts.
Struggling to find original tool boxes he bought some
850T ones and removed the lids.


Contacts at work - a friend made a former and this was pressed out.

Once painted and fitted would anybody spot the difference?

 Pete needs some welding done on the underneath of his
Austin Healey Sprite

In the past few months Pete has had a few ideas to turn his Mille into a more practical 'go to work ' bike.
One idea was putting on a Spada fairing ,tank etc,the other a Leman III (He has the parts for both)
Now he's been sidelined with the original parts that he'd had painted years ago for a V7 Sport type /replica
that he was planning before getting his hands on the genuine frame etc.
The flip up rear mudguard is made from a T3 item

He bought the leman I tank (with aircraft filler cap) from me years ago.
John Williams replica V7 Sport side panels with V2 logo
Race silencers which I sold him ages ago that he has just had baffles put in.
I'll be interested to hear those as they were incredibly loud originally.



2 comments:

  1. Hey Johnnny is Pete selling copies of his side panels/tool boxes ? Oh by the way great shots at the BIKE SHED doo, I especially love that Ducati.....can't work out if it's a retro 900ss or a modernized 600 Pantah ? No shots of the fashionable people though.......I suppose you could just take photo's of your self !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe, I am not sure if it's possible to get any more toolbox lid's made. After all the effort that's gone into it it would be a shame but............? I believe that the Ducati is Pantah based.
    Yes,I am fashionable in my own sort of way and it's good to see that you recognise that !

    ReplyDelete