My Blog List

Thursday 7 March 2013

Guzzi Special

I came across this when going through my old photo's the other week Volume 1-  issue number 5 of a 1989 magazine called Silver Machine - the heart and soul of motorcycling. I have no idea as to to how successful this mag was,but this Guzzi looks pretty purposeful. Built by the then 'Guzzi Overland' owner Martin Harvey.
Based on a early Lemans using  a 850T rear drum hub/bevel box and V7Sport toolboxes and some mild tuning-gas flowing etc with a Dr John 2 into 1 exhaust and a supertrapp silencer. 
I WONDER WHERE IT IS NOW? I have a vague idea that when the shop closed many years ago the owner moved to Australia.

2 comments:

  1. Martin moved to Australia and still has the bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew, Thanks for the info and glad to hear that the bike..................and owner are still around !
    John

    ReplyDelete